ABOUT UTM DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
The UTM diploma programmes have been offered since the inception of UTM under their respective faculties. However, in June 1995, a new centre called the Diploma Studies Program (Program Pengajian Diploma) was established to offer all these programmes under one roof at the UTM Kuala Lumpur campus.
The Diploma Studies Program were renamed as the Science and Technology College UTM (Kolej Sains dan Teknologi, KST UTM) on 15 May 2006. KST aims at producing trained professionals who are skilled and efficient in engineering, science and technology management. During the early years, KST offered eight diploma programmes with 4600 enrolment.
Starting 1 June 2010, all diploma programmes are run by School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPACE), UTM and KST were renamed as the Centre for Diploma Studies ( Pusat Pengajian Diploma, PPD ). At present time, PPD offers a total of 15 diploma programmes, with a student headcount of over 2,000. The programmes offered are listed below:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Power) / Diploma in Electrical Enginering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Mechatronic)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Property Management
- Diploma in Technology Management
- Diploma in Technology Management (Accounting) / Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in Quantity Surveying
- Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning
- Diploma in Architecture
- Diploma in Land Surveying
- Diploma in Computer Science (Information Technology) / Diploma in Computer Science
- Diploma in Computer Science (Multimedia)
The programmes offered are based on semester system and requires 3 years (6 semesters) to complete. Student shall receive their diploma after meeting the programme requirements which have been set by the faculty and university.